- A Secretariat that serves as technical support staff who attends to the day-to-day concerns of LCC as a coordinating, policy-making, and advisory body.
LCC Secretariat & Functions
- Develop criteria, guidelines, designs, and procedures for the preparation, appraisal, and monitoring of programs and projects on literacy;
- Monitor contracted program and project implementation and suggest modifications/changes when necessary;
- Prepare periodic annual targets and reports;
- Oversee the effective implementation of all literacy programs and projects and other related activities contracted to other agencies/organizations/groups;
- Provide technical assistance to literacy implementers relative to the different stages of the project cycle;
- Plan and coordinate secretarial, documentation, and editing requirements of the Council;
- Supervise the procurement of equipment, supplies, and materials required by the Council;
- Ensure that all required reports are encoded neatly and accurately and distributed promptly to intended recipients;
- Maintain an updated Management and Information System (MIS) on literacy programs and projects;
- Prepare/Draft policies on literacy for review and approval of the Council, before forwarding the same to the Office of the President for approval and signature; and
- Perform other duties as may by required by the Council.