September 18, 2017
What is Education for All?
Philippine Education for All (EFA) 2015 is a vision and holistic program of reforms that aim to improve access and quality of basic education for every Filipino by 2015. Providing education to all Filipinos opened an alternative learning system to complement formal schooling to reach and better serve those in difficult circumstances. This entails not only the Department of Education but the involvement of the entire society, including the national and local government agencies and civil society organizations as providers of basic learning needs.
EFA 2015 Objectives
To provide basic competencies to everyone to achieve functional literacy for all, Philippine EFA 2015 aims to make:
- All youth and adults functionally literate
- Children 3-5 year-olds ready to participate in schools to eliminate dropout and repetition in Grades 1 to 3
- All pupils and students complete the basic education with satisfactory achievement level
- Education be made a societal responsibility
Critical and Urgent EFA Tasks
To attain the above goals, nine urgent and critical tasks which are as follows:
- Make every school continuously perform better
- Expand Early Childhood Care and Development
- Transform non-formal and informal interventions into an alternative learning system yielding more EFA benefits
- Promote practice of high quality teaching
- Adopt a 12-year program for formal basic education
- Enrich education curriculum in the context of articulation, enrichment the pillars of new functional literacy
- Provide adequate and stable public funding for country-wide attainment of EFA goals.
- Create a network of community-based groups for local attainment of EFA goals.
- Monitor progress in efforts towards attainment of EFA goals.